Farewell to Blogger but not to Blogs

After 14 years, 600+ posts, thousands of photographs and stories that spanned 3 continents, it's time for me to part ways with Blogger.

It all came down to formatting and style and the fact that I simply do not want to devote my time to learning more HTML coding than what I know today. The format of this blog was a challenge for me - sizing, colors, layout - all required me to go far outside my comfort zone but large extent I got what I wanted from it. But these last few trips I've just been unhappy with the results (in particular the ability to size and place photographs in a manner pleasing to my eye.)

And the truth of it is, Blogger has stayed static while other platforms have automated the process to the point where its fairly easy to get what you want with canned tools versus writing code.

To that end, we're off to WordPress. I've bought the domain, I've locked in a premium account and from this day forward that's where you'll find me.

So thanks to any loyal followers who see this, please follow the link below to the new site. I have no intention of closing this one down - it will remain for posterity, a small monument to places seen, people met, food eaten and experiences had.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a lumpy roux? Use a cheese grater.

A regular day

NO8DO