Details

When we travel, we like to walk. All over the place. Anyone who has traveled with me during my time in China will tell you that I could always be relied on to grab them by the arm and pull them down some alley into a place far off the beaten path. From the old city in Shanghai to the shores of the Tsangpo in Lhasa to the hutongs of Beijing and Datong – if it looks interesting, I’m heading there.

When you ramble this way - in addition to encountering real life - you find lots of details. Doors, windows, hardware – little things that shine up the quotidian. Stuff that makes your everyday encounters just a bit richer. We don’t see a lot of this in the average places in America, but elsewhere, they are easy to find. I like them, and here are a few from our wanderings in Valencia -










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a lumpy roux? Use a cheese grater.

A regular day

NO8DO